Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 4, 2009 Meeting

The quote for the week of 3/4/09 was "I do the very best I know how -- the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end." -- Abraham Lincoln

We had one delightful Ice Breaker speech by Lynn Johnson. She did a terrific job. It was easy to see she has had previous Toastmasters' training. Here she is accepting her award for Best Speech of the evening from Distinguished Toastmaster Tim Manson.



I had the honor of evaluating Lynn. Here is a picture of me accepting the Best Evaluator award from Distinguished Toastmaster Tim Manson.



New member Kathy Thrush was our Table Topics Master and she did a fabulous job! She gave all of us fun quotes to work with. The one I got had to deal with someone saying something kind to you that perhaps you didn't deserve at the time, but you worked hard to be deserving of at a later date. That reminded me of my sister who gave me a book and wrote in it that I was a great writer. I hadn't written or published anything yet, but I wanted that to be true. Today I have published 3 books, written for two medical textbooks and one nursing journal. I am thankful my sister believed in me like she did.

For that quote and my story, I won Best Table Topic! Here is DTM Tim Manson giving me that award.


I hope everyone enjoyed the meeting as much as I did! I'm looking forward to our meeting tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment